Thursday, April 23, 2009

Special Delivery

Ryker Emmett Garn is now officially a member of the family. He was born on Wednesday, April 15th 2009 at 2:22 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz. and was 20 in. long. He was 5 days late so I was induced it only took 6 1/2 hrs flat. I have become a pro at the pushing and he head was shaped perfectly because he wasn't in the birth canal long enough for it to get cone shaped. The labor was pretty typical except that I went from a 4 to a 10 in exactly 1 hr. He is not much of a crier, only when he wants food. He did have some spitting up problems his first week and we almost had to take him to PCMC for an upper GI, but we switched to a nonlactose formula yesterday and he is doing better, so I cancelled the appt. We will see what Dr. B thinks next week and go from there, but I think he is going to be just fine. He has not spit up once since yesterday, YEAH! Everyone is loving having him here at last, even Lleyton. Maddie, Alex and Easton are still fighting over who gets to hold him, unfortunately Maddie is home sick this week with Influenza B and an ear infection. We are hoping that keeping her quarantined will limit the number of other kids who get sick.











7 comments:

Rae said...

I am so glad you posted these pictures of Ryker because I'm not sure when we will make it up to see him in person! He is absolutely adorable - I can't wait to hold him. He definitely looks like he fits into your family perfectly. Congratulations guys, we love you!

Jamie said...

COngrats!!! He is perfect:)

burton family said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Congratulations.

Doney Days said...

Congratulations! He's so cute. I see you compromised on the name (but mostly you won!). I like it!

Julie Toone said...

So cute! Congrats!

Laur said...

Congrats he is darling! I'll have to stop by if you don't care!

Anonymous said...

He is perfect!!! I'm glad everything went smoothly and I'm sure you are a pro at pushing after having 5 kids!
Congratulations :)