Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FORKS OR BUST !!

So you all know by now that I am a Twilight addict. I have enjoyed reading and rereading the books several times. I mean honestly can we ever get enough of Edward Cullen! So when my friend Tara asked to go to Forks, WA with herhow could I refuse. I couldn't believe jake was actually letting me go. And while I am on the subject I just have to say how pleased I was with Jake while I was gone. The house was clean, the dishes done, and he even started the laundry. Not to mention that all of the kids were still alive when we got home. I started this journey about 4 months ago. We formed a group, which eventually grew into 60 women, and we wanted to make it a memorable trip for them. Which we are glad we did because the other 4 groups of twilight moms going had nothing fun planned and we felt sorry for them. To truely understand the weekend let me explain what we did for the group. We made charm bracelets and at every meal we gave them a new charm to add to the bracelet. They were all of the faces of the main characters from twilight. super cute, but we couldn't just stop there we also had a small bag with an item that represented the character charm they were getting ( Bella and Edward: Sparkle spray, Esme: whistle, Carlisle: first aide kit, Jacob: hand warmer, Emmette: gummy bears, Rosalie: comb, Alice: Poncho, Jasper: mood ring), if you haven't read the books you won't understand the significance. Then we made name tags and small schedules, which everyone stuck too. We also played several games over the 3 days including the "Dazzle" jar. Which allowed people to someones name in the jar if the had Dazzled them. Then we got them gift bags full of themed items, i.e. First night on Isle Esme, cooking with Edward, pregnancy cravings, the meadow, etc. It was a lot of fun but a huge headache collecting all of the items. But it was worth it for the woman who won. I would say I enjoyed the trip but I would be lying. Washington was absoluetly magnificent, words cannot describe who beautiful it is. Forks was exactly as I immagined it, they had a lot of fun playing up the weekend for all of us fans. However I didn't get enough sleep before the trip, We drove for 18 hrs. Then Barely slept While we were there trying to finish jewelry to sell at the bday celebration. then drove home for another 18 hrs. I did finally start to enjoy myself after the vendor booth was closed. We went to the Quillette ind res. for a wolf dance and bon fire on 1st beach. It was fabulous, they were so welcoming and the beach was great. My friend Tara got friendly with some army boys, and well what happens in Forks stays in Forks. Nothing too serious though, it just reminded me how glad I am to be 31 and 20 anymore, and how fortunate I am to be in love with Jacob, there are a lot worse options out there. Anyways I hope you enjoy the pics on the post below. And yes I am half asleep in most of the pics and car sick from driving with 2 maniac drivers, so please don't judge the pics with my face in them. It could have been alot worse.

1 comment:

Scottkids said...

Oh Stacie! I love you!!!!!! You crack me up!! We will have to talk about this some more!! I'm glad you got to go! Thats AWesome! The pictures ar eamazing, and they look as beautiful as she described/ P.S. Steph was on Ellen today!!