Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party

O.M.E. I don't even know where to begin. It was the funnest night ever. We started out having an Italian meal (of course), at Marcis' house. Thank you to her for all the great fun. Then we vamped up, see pic below, and then left to get our instructions from B & N about what activities we would be handling. It was awesome, Tara and I and a few other Twilight Moms, were in charge of the " Charlies' werewolve hunt". It was a word scramble in which there were 44 letters on different colored wolves throughout the store, which they unscrambled. It was great fun. I didn't attempt the Bouquet toss, way too many screaming preteens. But it was awesome when all the twilight moms who volunteered got to go to the front of the store to get our books first. Tara and I were the first ones out the doors with are books. Oh happy days. I drove Edward fast back to Marcis' house to get comfy and stake out our reading spots. I won't spoil it for you, but it is tear jerker. It gets a little sketchy at times but is worth it in the end. I officially read it in 21 hrs. It could have been sooner but I had to come home and be a mom for a little while. It is now 11:45 pm on august 2nd and in the last 48 hrs I have only had 9 hrs of sleep. I am feeling so vampish right now because I am not even tired, I am to exhilarated to be. So if someone reads the book and wants to chat, throw me a line or two!!! And for those of you who have not started, do not get frustrated just keep reading. Steph M. is brilliant and by the last 2 chapters I realized that some of the rambling and boring parts were actually very important. So pay attention. and Happy reading of course too. Get a tissue box before you sit down.

Below is a couple pics of me and my girls who are going to Forks next month. Kriselle is Rosalie, Amy is Alice, I am Tanya, and Tara is Hiedi. I was going to go all out and go Strawberry blonde, but I new it would just end up pink on me. So I am just Tanya attending the wedding, OOps spoiler alert!!, and Tara is the Volturi "fisher" who goes and gets the helpless and confused human tourists from Volterra and brings them down for the feeding frenzy. She made her jacket herself.

The cake was made by Tara, the women of many talents, it was red velvet with marshmellow fondant. I looked like blood soaked cake when we cut into it, very appropriate for the occasion. I forgot that we did a wedding toast when we got home from B & N.



6 comments:

Scottkids said...

Way cute pictures Stac! Looks like you guys had a BLAST!! You look way hot!

Scottkids said...

P.s. I love ALice!!!! She is my favorite character in the book too! Well besides Edward of course!

Natalie said...

It looks like you had fun! I sure miss you. Hope you are doing well. Is your new book up for being "checked out"? Or is it spoken for?

I love Neil Diamond. Thanks for putting him on your playlist.

Natalie said...

Nevermind...Greg bought me the book for our anniversary today! Although I am forcing myself to wait until after my brother's wedding on the 18th before I start the book. I am so busy and have so much going, I know I would just be into the book and not get done with what I need to.

Tracie said...

where are your G's, and do you have fake boobs? You are nuts!!

Ashlee Garn said...

And I thought only Bella could be that beautiful! :)