Monday, December 1, 2008

Way too long

It has been entirely too long since I have posted, I hope I don't forget anything. My life has been crazy and chaotic this past month. I started out making Jewelry and crafts to sell at the Twilight premiere. Which was a bust. But we had fun anyways. The movie was awesome. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I went into it knowing it wouldn't be as good as the books. Obviously my imagination is different from every other persons and Summit Entertainments as well. However I thought they did a great job with the budget they had and the 2 hour time limit. Obviously characters could have been develpoed more, but since I already knew the characters it didn't bother me. Over all I was thrilled and cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. The day after the premiere was Madelines 10th birthday. She had a great month. She started off with her sleepover with my parents and then going to the BYU game with them. She loves BYU. Then she was kind enough to invite her brothers to her special dinner and a movie, we always go to Wingers. the kids love it. Then she went to dinner and a salon with my Mom, Grandma, Taylor and Libby. They got manicures and their hair done. She looked beautiful. I have been horrible with pics lately so I will post as soon ass I get them from my Dad and Danny. Then on the last day of school Alex had his Turkey Trot at school. He won the kindergarten race last year, so he naturally assumed he would win 1st grade ass well. But since it seems like everyone grew but him, I didn't want him to be disappointed so I told him it was okay to just do his best, no matter what place he came in. And Alex baing Alex set a goal for himself. He told me he was going to start out at the back of the group and still beat everyone. I thought for sure he would trip trying to get around people or he would trip someone else, but lo and behold he rounds the first corner ahead of everyone. He never stopped or looked back, it was all him. The next kids was at least 30 yards behind him. He was so proud of hiimself, and I was proud that he was not cocky to his friends, he just congratulated them and the went to cheer on the other grades. Thanksgiving was a whirlwind of course. I am beginning to hate Holidays. They are to time consuming and stressful for mothers. What we do for our kids right. I am glad it is over and not looking forward to Christmas now. I know Bah Hum Bug!




The kids on Thanksgiving morning


Eastons hair is now long enough to but in hair sticks


Alex and his Friend Aiden waiting to race


Alex taking off he is dead center in the picture


Alex 30 yards ahead of the next runner and almost done


#1 runner in the First Grade, East Midvale Elementary

6 comments:

Marlies said...

Stacy, Read my blog and then if there is ANYTHING, going shopping for your kids, leaving your kids with me, whatever you can think of that needs to be done, but you don't have to do yourself let me know. The more people ask the more I know where I can help. Thanks.

Julie Toone said...

A little advice...The few months before Jake died I was so overwhelmed. I was Primary president...pta vice president...volenteering at the school every week to read to the kids...room mother...in a painting class, clogging class, and tap class (for fun for me)...not to mention I had a husband and 3 kids. I was so stressed out all the time. The week before he died I was nearing a breaking point. I felt the same way you describe in your blog...not looking forward to things and dreading what comes next. When he died I relized how not one of those things really mattered and that was it...I got out of everything I was in. I obviously had a lot of grieving to do but the lesson here is...I dont do that anymore. Dont take on more than you can do. Your kids wont remember the one thing you didnt do. They might however remember being snapped at on christmas. They will remeber you smiling and being happy when you are doing the things that you do decide is worth your time. You will be amazed at how freeing this is. There is a season for all things. Right now you have 4 kids and one on the way. Your season right now is to focus on them. If that means that you do nothing but be a mom that is ok. Make sure you take time at least once a week for your self. Walmart has $22. pedicures. I promise life will seem worth living again as long as you are only doing what is important to you...not to your bishop, your mother, your kids teacher, and whoever else you are trying to please. Learn to say NO Im sorry I dont have the time for that right now. There are enough people in the season of helping with out little kids to get the jobs done. This will change your life! Dont stress about what doesnt matter. The only things that matter are your kids and hubby. Dont let life pass you by...it goes to quick sometimes:)

Scottkids said...

I love your new pictures!!The boys look so grown up! If there is anthing I can do for you, please let me know! I'm always here. Right next door ;) We need to plan a date night!

Holly said...

Good job Alex, Taylor was to chicken to even do the TURKEY TROT..... Thanks for always making sure that my little Taylor is safe and getting her to Melissa's for me I have no idea what I would have done if you guys weren't so WONDERFUL in helping me out..

Holly

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love Julie's comment? Seriously, I think I need to post that on my blog as a reminder to me :) Okay so about bah hum bug...I need your address. Will you comment on my blog and leave it for me pretty please :)
Thanks Stacy!!!

Jamie said...

Stacie, I think so many of us feel the same way you feel. I for along time did not enjoy the holidays like I should. I finally decided to cut back on everything and focus on my own little family. AND trying to always remember why we even celebrate the holidays. Our holiday is so filled with family activites, and doing things for those less fortunate, has really helped me. Take good care of yourself and enjoy the holiday. You and Jake need to have a way fun date night:)