Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day

Could there have been more snow or what. It was totally AWESOME!!! It made the whole day seem so sweet and clean, like a fresh start to our new year. We started the day off very early. Mr and Mrs Claus had set their alarm to set presents out at 5:00 and finally got back to bed around 5:30. I don't think I even fell asleep because they baby was tossing and kicking, when we heard Alex down stairs at 6:00. Then I heard Lleytons' door slam. I knew it wouldn't be long before curiousity got the better of them. I found Alex, Easton and Lleyton downstairs going through their stockings and enjoying their new headrests. I started Some breakfast then had them watch a new movie, Walle I think, while I went upstairs to get ready. I woke Jake up at 7:30 and we started eating and finaly woke Maddie up at 8:00. This was highly unusual, since she is the one who wakes everyone on a daily basis. We went through gifts as slowly as we could and tried to let the kids enjoy each gift. We were very blessed this year, always being looked after by those who love us. Jake surprised me and Maddie with matching pearl jewelry, it is beautiful. We headed to my parents for an early dinner and gifts and then to Jakes' parents for gifts as well. It was a whirlwind of a day and I am glad it only happens once a year.










7 comments:

Allison Claire said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! I love your tree! Also, our blogs look the same! How cute. :)

Julie Toone said...

Wow...you got us caught up on alot!! Im glad you had such a great month. Im also glad you fit us in...you were busy! You look great and your kids are so cute! I hope all is well.

Marlies said...

Looks like you had a fun filled December. I'm glad we saw you at the Christmas party. Good times!

Scottkids said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! Good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

No...snow is not wonderful! I could do without it any time! We were seriously stuck at our house and since we are the only people in the State of Utah that don't own an SUV...it really sucks!

Scottkids said...

Thanks for the comments! You are a slacker on your blog...hehe...teasing.

Marlies said...

Hey, I noticed that you commented of Carrie's exercise blog and thought maybe you would be interested in reading mine as well. If not that's ok, but I thought I would give you the opportunity. Let me know what you are doing with exercise.